Monday, December 12, 2011

The breakthrough moment

I say it, again and again, as I force myself to write out horrid drafts--"Trust the process. It'll get there in the end." But I don't really believe it.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the library with my cup of coffee and my giant pile of drafts/notes/professor comments (bless the man) and bemoaning having this one piece of evidence that didn't quite fit my thesis. I was trying to move things around and see where I could slip it in least noticeably, when it hit me. I'm actually dealing with two separate categories of Thing! My thesis, instead of being "This text does X with Y and Z" should actually be "This text does X with Y and Q with Z." Which is not only more true, but more interesting.

The process, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment